Tuesday, December 16, 2014


This evening, I was grocery shopping.  It was raining and cold.  I had just loaded the
groceries into my car, when I received a call from a friend who knew I was nearby.
She said she was baking Christmas cookies, and made a fresh pot of coffee, and thought maybe I would want to stop in and say "hi". What a fun and unexpected invitation, on such a dreary day. 


I walked into her kitchen, and was greeted by the wonderful aroma of freshly baked
cookies.  You may remember that I shared with you, a few years ago, her
gift of decorating for Christmas.  Today, I was reminded again of her ability to create such a beautiful, warm and "homey" atmosphere.
 


Simple, colorful, and always with touches of nature.  This is the window sill in her
kitchen. 


The centerpiece on her dining table, was a wooden piece filled with colorful ornaments.
What an attractive way to dress up a table!


On her island was a creative vignette made up of greens and berries in a white pitcher, along
with touches of burlap on a black wicker tray.  The ornaments were gifts from a previous
Christmas.


On her kitchen counter was a white ironstone platter, with fruits and pinecones.  I liked the
look of it, although I must admit, I never would have thought to put the two together. 
What a creative approach to decorating.


The vintage looking napkins and the coordinating mugs with steaming hot coffee, offered
therapy on a discouraging day.  If you want to brighten someone's day,
call them and invite them over for a cup of coffee, spontaneously.  It will bless their day,
I promise. 


And, if you want to bless it even more, call them when you just pulled out a sheet of
cookies from the oven.  It is bound to lift spirits, even if your friend has been
running in and out of the rain for a few hours, and looks like she did...invite her in
anyway.


Oh, and by the way, I found the Christmas tree display so attractively done, I asked her if I
could use it as my banner picture. She so graciously gave me that privilege.

Since blogging presents opportunities to step into other's homes and lives, I knew
you would appreciate seeing my friend's decorating gifts and talents.

Thank you for stopping by this evening.

4 comments:

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

What a dear friend and so kind and thoughtful. Her home is lovely and her heart filled with hospitality. Beautiful vignettes throughout.

Judy said...

Thanks for allowing us to step into your friend's home! So beautiful...and warm.

Kathleen said...

I wondered about those trees when I first arrived, thinking surely they're something you'd done. Beautiful! I got a kick out of the donut-ringed milk. So clever. But mostly I delight in your life & lifestyle. Thank you for sharing it.

Much love & a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!a

Kathleen


P.S. I meandered through several of your recent posts. The Gingerbread house-making took me back to some sweet days when my own grands (some about to turn 21) sat still for such.

P.S.S. Thank you for paying me a visit, too. I am such a fair-weather blogger anymore that your comments are also a surprise and a blessings.

Huge hugs ...

Liz said...

What pretty, but simple displays. I just love that! That tree is awesome. How nice that she let you share with all of us!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails