Thursday, November 13, 2014

 


Being the mother of adult children, I clearly remember the years of their schooling,
when Christmas time came around.  It always seemed that there were many
small gifts needed during the season.  I also remember that being a bit
of a stressful time for me as their mother.
 
The last few years, I have made it my practice, to plan ahead for the
small, simple gifts that might be needed.
Recently, I was in my local Kmart store, and found a few things that seemed
unique and appropriate for my early gift preparation.
First off, I am not endorsing any store of any product.  And, I am only
offering some ideas for you, if you are looking for some.

 
In the one holiday isle, I discovered many packages of various flavors of Hershey
Kisses.  I was not aware that there were so many chocolate Kisses available.  I purchased
a few bags.


I am particular about tags for gifts.  As you remember, I feel the tags and the words written on
the tags, are the most important aspect of the gifts.  This pack of tags are so well done, and
instantly take one back to years ago.  The tags come with 16 in a pack, and can be found in
the holiday gift wrapping section of the store.  Each little card opens up, and has touches of
glitter on it.  My favorite of them is the one with the ice skates.  They evoke special
memories of my childhood for me.



Then, look what I found in the next isle.  Tiny, well done, detailed ice skate tree ornaments,
designed by Sandra Lee, for Kmart.  The silver glittered blade, added the perfect touch to each
ornament, along with touches of glitter on the snowflakes.  The best part...they were on sale for
a bit over $ 2.00 each.  I also found a large roll of the coordinating, glittery snowflake ribbon,
also by Sandra Lee, on sale underneath the ornament display.

I purchased the Kisses, the pack of cards, the ice skate ornaments, a roll of ribbon, and
some bright red paper cups.  For me, it will make the needed small gifts I need this year.


I filled the paper cups with Kisses.  I used clear cellophane, and tied a square of it,
up over the cup with the chocolates, and tied it with one of the new tags.  On this
gift, I did not include the ornament.


In the middle gift, I used a clear cup, a few chocolates, and set one of the ornaments in the
center of the chocolates, before bringing the large square of clear cellophane up over it all.
In no time, I had three small gifts ready to store away for the Christmas season. 


In this gift, I filled a clean, recycled jar from my cupboard, with the Kisses.
Brought the square of cellophane up over the jar, tied it with a ribbon, then
tied the ornament onto the front of the jar.  I added a touch of green,
with fresh boxwood.  When the time to give it comes, I will write out the
sentiments on the card, and tied it onto the back of the jar.
 
 
Vintage touches and good tasting chocolates...gift complete.
Would you like it?
 

A few thoughts about this post;

~Thinking ahead is key.
~It is not "what" you give, it is that you give, in one way or another.
~The card and it's words from your heart, is always more important that the gift itself. 
  In fact, giving a card and not a gift, means just as much to those dear to you.
~Uniqueness and attractiveness add to a gift, even a very simple gift like this one.
~Taking time to plan ahead eliminates stress during the busy season of life.  I know this
  to be true from my own life.

I am not advising you to rush to Kmart and purchase any of these items.  I only share
a few things that I found that make gifts I will give this Christmas.  By the way, my
husband kindly tested the flavors of Hershey Kisses and said they passed his taste test:).
~

6 comments:

Stacey said...

You have such great ideas, Judy. Planning ahead is so important to keep from being stressed. I have to remind myself of that all the time! Your gifts turned out so cute!

Happy@Home said...

Planning ahead is always a good idea, especially at this time of year.
I think you have done a beautiful job of creating a thoughtful and attractive gift to have on hand for those times when a small gift is required. These would bring happy smiles to the receivers :).

Judy said...

We have already sampled the Hershey's kisses for this holiday season as well. I added some to the advent calendars I am giving the grands. Other than that, I have not done a while lot of gift-giving prep over here as yet. But thank-you for the encouragement to start planning. :)

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Such thoughtful and lovely gifts that would make anyone thrilled to receive one. Thanks for sharing these wonderful ideas and reminding me that planning ahead makes the season much less stressful :)

Kim said...

Oh Judy, you are so good and so prepared! I also agree with you that the message on the tag is most important. I make my own tags each year and I take time writing something personal, other than to and from. Cute gift ideas.

Anneliese said...

I don't know if I know anyone who puts so much thought into making small things big by how you wrap it and what you write on the tag. It's so neat to know someone like you!
Planning ahead is something I am still learning and it extends the joy of giving even as it sits there all ready to go.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails