Thursday, July 10, 2014


One evening as I was visiting several blogs that I enjoy reading, I discovered a blog with some
adorable gumball stirrers.  I liked the diy instructions and how they looked in the in the clear
glassware as they were displayed.  You can visit the blog if you want, and see what I mean.
You can find it at www.studiodiy.com/2013/08/28/diy-gumball-drink-stirrers

I already had a bag of wooden stirrers in my kitchen drawer, that I had purchased from
the local grocery store.  While visiting the local Dollar Tree, I looked for gumballs, and
found these pretty colored bubble gum balls, which were not like the ones I was searching
for.  But, since I liked the colors, I thought I would bring them home and try them with
my skewers.  I did not have to use the tool called the awl, which the blog designer had
used.  Instead, I held one of the little gumballs in my left hand and punctured a hole into
the gumball with the point on the skewer, in my other hand.   That is all there is to it, just
a bit of muscle to make the puncture.



 



And, here is what you will have when you are finished with your simple project, using a
few wooden skewers, and two small bags of bubble gumballs.



Then if you want to buy a white plate from the same dollar store, and some tall clear glassware,
you can have yourself a fun, inexpensive gift for someone, or for you.  I cut the wooden skewers,
at the bottom with a wire cutter, making the skewers differing lengths, to add some dimension
to the completed look.  I used this as a gift, and included the glass container of extra skewers.



One could use the bright colored skewers for a summer fruit platter also, using a variety of
colorful fruit, and then piling them on a glass platter, horizontally.


 I think these glasses would look good filled with some light pink lemonade and ice,
for a pretty serving platter.


This is one drink that my husband and I find refreshing over the summer. 
One glass filled with ice cubes, filled half way with the V8 Light V-fusion, and the rest
of the way with Sparkling Ice Strawberry Lemonade.  Calorie count...25 calories.



A quick, simple idea to dress up your summer drink tray, or create an
unique gift for someone, whether you were looking for it or not:)
 
Happy Thursday!
 
 

4 comments:

debi said...

The gum ball skewers are adorable! What a great idea :-)


Hugs!

Judy said...

Fun ideas for serving summer drinks! I must keep the gum ball stirrers in mind. So cute!

corners of my life said...

You always post such fun ideas!

Happy@Home said...

Once again I must thank you for sharing your simple gift ideas, Judy. I think these drink stirrers are so cute and would be perfect for so many different occasions. I could even see using them for Christmastime with red and green gumballs.
Thanks, too, for sharing the summer drink idea. That looks so refreshing and pretty with your special touches.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails